Sunday, October 27, 2013

We woke up around 0800 and got out of bed shortly afterwards. The temp was much warmer this morning around 16C and we had a good night's sleep. We caught up on some emails, I packed a lunch and off to town we went. En route we encountered a few unique boats.

This one has definitely seen better days.

This one ungoing a facelift or

what????

And this one was just different!!

Really different.
 
We bumped into the couple from the restaurant last night (Vince and Marianne) in their dinghy today. They had decided to stay another day in Beaufort. It was a gorgeous day as the pictures show, blue sky and afternoon temps into the low 20s.

I needed to find a grocery store and Jorge was looking for a chart store so we parted ways after lunch, both walking as the marina would not allow us to borrow or even rent their courtesy car unless we were docked at their marina. Too bad but fair enough I guess. I was about 1/3 of the way to the grocery store when a 60-something lady stopped and asked if I needed a lift. Wonderful! As she drove me to the grocery store we got talking about our boating adventure. She also asked me how I was going to get my groceries back to the dinghy. I explained I was either going to walk back or take a taxi. She gave me her phone number and told me to call when I was done and she would drive me back. She was in the area visiting her mother. I called when I was done and she and her mother arrived a few minutes later, picked me up and drove me back to the dinghy. Amazing people. They were so happy to help me out and I was so grateful that I had bought them a sample package of four different kinds of cheesecake while in the grocery store. They even offered for us to stay at their house or to call while we were still in town if we needed anything.

I met Jorge back at the dinghy dock along with Vince and Marianne. The island across from town has wild horses on it so we decided to take our dinghy and cross the creek to see if we could spot any and we did, just one, which was grazing in the water.

Wild horse in Beaufort.

We dropped Vince and Marianne off at their boat and then moved CS'ta Time from Town Creek to Taylor Creek, a bit closer to town. As we were getting ready for happy hour on Vince and Marianne's boat, another couple pulled up beside us in their dinghy. They were from Toronto and previously had owned a CS 33 (CS'ta Time is a CS 36). Such a small world! We had an enjoyable evening with Vince and Marianne. They are heading out tomorrow but I think we are staying one more day.

(Shhh, don't tell anyone we are sharing happy hour with power boat people.)


3 comments:

  1. Maybe there's a chance we will convert you to the dark side (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys, we are heading out to wrightsville tomorrow. Are you still in Beaufort?

    Michel and Caroline
    Watermusic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are leaving Taylor Creek, Beaufort, tomorrow at 0500 with another boat, going offshore to Masonboro Inlet. Would love you to join us. Call us on the VHF Channel 16 tomorrow.

      Delete