Monday, October 14, 2013

It was sooo nice to see the sun today and it was sunny for the total day, temp close to 20C. Jorge and I decided we would leave Annapolis tomorrow and continue on our journey. We spent most of the morning pouring over the charts to see what our plan of attack will be. We checked the weather, the wind, the current, and charts. I think we have a good handle on things.

I packed another picnic lunch for today and we headed into town just before noon. We had showers and Jorge went back to the boat show. I did laundry. I finally got smart, there was one washer and one dryer in each washroom and as the ones in the ladies' washroom were busy (laundry seems to be a pink job), I used the ones in the men's washroom when I knew no one was inside. It has only taken me two and a half weeks to figure that out!

Annapolis loves colonial history, a real live tourist attraction.

This is for our friend in Australia.
 
We got back to the boat late afternoon and planned tomorrow's departure. I had to make a trip to the grocery store (well not really but the one we visit makes an amazing olive bread and creme brulee so I had to go). Jorge stayed on the boat while I did the shopping. Once I got back, we weighed anchor and passed under the Spa Creek bridge at 1800. It opens every half hour except during rush hour in the morning and late afternoon and we wanted to be free to go at our convenience in the morning. Besides the closest marina was on the other side of the bridge and we needed fuel and water. It made sense to us to do the bridge, get our fuel and water and then anchor off the Naval Academy seawall for the night, so we did.
 
Lynn and Sally left the anchorage at 0700 this morning and arrived at the same destination we plan on going to by 1430 so we should do it in the same timeframe as the conditions tomorrow are supposed to be similar.
 
It seems strange to be getting ready to set sail again. Annapolis was becoming like home! We were so comfortable here with everything but the cold weather will be coming and there are many, many more spots I am sure that will be just as comfortable (and warmer).
 
The following two videos are on the way back to CS'ta Time following the boat show, showing the harbour master's boat, Spa Creek and the anchorage.
 
 
 
Our anchorage off the Naval Academy, Annapolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment