Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I got up just after 0800, Jorge was already up. The morning started off quite warm, 25C inside the boat and no breeze. Jorge and a neighbour cruiser took our dinghy and their bikes into town to the hardware store and West Marine. They were gone most of the morning.

Jorge had upset one of his containers holding a multitude of screws, washers, cotter pins, etc. so I spent the morning picking them up and separating them into types, sizes, shapes so Jorge could just put them back into the container - organized.

We had lunch on board and then I took the dinghy to town, by myself. I felt like a teenager getting the car for the first time! And Jorge the concerned parent watching the tail lights disappear.






The trip into town was uneventful. I did more reprovisioning and loaded the dinghy making two trips. It was a good thing the store was just across the road from the dinghy dock. Okay so now it was time to start the engine. No go. I pulled and pulled. I pulled out the choke, I pushed it in. I tried everything. I think I flooded the engine. So two young 30 something guys came to my rescue and after a few pulls one of the guys was able to get it started. The trip back to the boat was uneventful. Now I'm going to be asking to borrow the dinghy everyday!

You know how you always joke about trading the old guy in for two 30 year olds, well that was almost the case today. LOL.

By this time, the weather had turned. It was overcast and the north easterly winds had arrived. The temperature dropped to a respectable 23C and the wind made the afternoon very tolerable.

Jorge put away his tools from working on the panels and I put away the reprovisioning groceries then we headed back to the Raw Bar for appetizers and beer. After all it was Christmas Eve. Unfortunately we got there too late for appetizers, the kitchen was closed, but we enjoyed a drink and chatted with the staff and locals for a bit before heading back to the boat.

We had dinner and then Jorge called his family back in Argentina. Their big Christmas celebration is tonight. Tomorrow we will call the kids in Ontario and maybe have a down day and walk the beach!

We would like to take this opportunity to wish all our family, friends, and followers of our blog a very Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel or happy holidays!

1 comment:

  1. haven't seen a post in a couple of days.. Either you had a great Christmas celebration or Kim took off in the dingy again (lol)..

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete