Monday, November 25, 2013

November 20, 2013

The morning was uneventful.

I had an appt with my internist who follows my heart problem and my diabetes. The ECG, specifically the area where the stent is, was normal. Since I had been having absolutely no symptoms I expected a normal result. She thought my diabetes control was too tight - meaning I have more than excellent control over my blood sugars. With all the happy hours (wine, cheese, crackers, etc.) I found that hard to believe! Guess the walking has helped.

Immediately after that appt, I had to go back to the hospital. They had called yesterday afternoon for a "call back" mammogram, a common occurrence but it has never happened to me. The last 24 hours had been anxious ones. Whatever the radiologist saw on the first mammogram was not there on the second so no need to worry. What a huge relief!

Jorge and I took a drive and ended up at my cousin and his wife's home by the Copeland Forest. We had a nice but short visit. We got back to Barrie in time to pick Jodi up from work, had supper and had a quiet evening watching the tube.

November 21, 2013

Again an uneventful morning.

Friends from the yacht club, specifically our president, Bill, and his wife, Gale, had invited us for lunch. We met them at a restaurant in Barrie and had a wonderful visit.

We had friends over to Jodi's house for dinner (Roy and Freda). It was great seeing them and catching up on their lives.

November 22, 2013

I had an early morning appt with my oncologist who again confirmed all the tests from Tuesday were negative. Next follow up is in June. Sounded good to me!

Friday evening we had dinner at Bogdan and Anna's house (previous HYC members). Too much wine, too much food but a great time. Jodi got to be the parent and Jorge and I the teenagers. She dropped us off and picked us up!

November 23, 2013

Jorge and I drove to New Lowell to visit with my sister and her husband. Debbie made it to the Bull and Barrel, twice, as I had not made the date clear on my originial email invitation. Her husband, Doug, was not able to make it to the Bull and Barrel so it was good to see them both on Saturday. However Barrie had been blowing a snow storm so driving wasn't the best.

In the afternoon Jorge and I had massages courtesy of a Christmas gift certificate from Jodi.

The weather was still ugly Saturday night as we drove to our good friends' home (Chris and Kari) for dinner but the meal and company made the drive more than worthwhile. (Easy for me to say, Jodi drove there and Jorge drove home.)

November 24, 2013

We were up relatively early, had showers, did some laundry, made a quick phone call to other friends from HYC (Dave and Diane) and then headed to see Steven at work before Jodi drove us to the airport. (Time ran out on us so many other friends could not be contacted. We had cancelled our Canadian phone and put our American phone on hold while in Canada so only had the use of Jodi's phone when she was with us.)

Jodi's garden in her backyard.

Not an inviting patio for lunch in November!

We were back on CS'ta Time around 2000 after uneventful flights. Funny how one can sit all day in a plane but be tired when arriving at the destination! I guess it was the accumulation of the busy 10 days in Barrie that had caught up with us.

The boat was fine albeit cold only 8.9C when we got on board. Jorge put both heaters on and within a short time the temp was up to 20C - quite respectable. We have our slip until Tuesday but because Jorge wants to do some work on the batteries and the wind is supposed to howl for the next few days, we will probably stay put until closer to the end of the week before resuming our trek south.

1 comment:

  1. We are glad everything turned out ok. Now get down here!

    Caroline and Michel
    Watermusic

    ReplyDelete