Tuesday, November 19, 2013

November 17, 2013

So Bill and Lynn, my sister Debbie and Jorge and I stayed until 1:00 a.m. at the Bull and Barrel and enjoyed Steve 'n Roy (the band). They were quite good and really got into the crowd later in the evening (we were the crowd!) Sunday morning was a real slow one. Lynn and Bill stayed at Jodi's with us so Sunday we had time for some one-on-one. They have recently come back from a month's vacation in Europe so we enjoyed watching a slide show of their trip with first hand commentary.

They left shortly after lunch, Jorge had a siesta and Jodi and I vegged out in front of the t.v. for the afternoon. We getting too old for such late nights. LOL.

November 18, 2013

Jorge had his eye doctor's appt in Sunnybrook in the morning so we were off to the city. He had been complaining of worsening in his vision and sure enough his scan indicated some fluid so an injection was required. His doctor is looking into contacts in Florida for us should Jorge require injections in the coming year and we will determine at a later date whether it is worthwhile to have the injections done in the states or whether to come home for them.

The girls I worked with had their Christmas party that evening and I was invited (nice to know I am still thought of). 21 ladies got together at one house and let loose! We ate, drank, laughed, had a Christmas gift exchange and had a great time. Plans are in the works for a June gathering with a birthday gift exchange. I have my next round of appts then so hopefully will be able to attend. It was snowing when we left the party at 2130!

November 19, 2013

I had to be at the hospital today for my annual check up for the breast cancer including an abdominal ultrasound, chest x-ray, bone scan and mammogram. Things went very quickly considering I had four appts and was out of there by 1130. Now I anxiously await the results. However the u/s tech (not allowed to give out any information) did tell me I was going to have a good trip - having told her what Jorge and I are doing, so that was a bit of a relief!

I picked Steven up shortly after lunch. We did some shopping and then got back to Jodi's late afternoon. Jorge found a soccer match on t.v. so opted to stay home and watch it. I made lasagna and caeser salad for dinner. We were celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas with the kids (I know - no turkey but hey its the get together that counts right?) Work tomorrow for both kids so the evening was early.

No comments:

Post a Comment