Monday, September 30, 2013

I didn't blog last night as it was after 0100 when we arrived back to the boat. I'll expand on that later.

Lynn came over to our boat in the morning to invite Jorge and me to his boat for dinner and a movie. Sally was planning a Moroccan meal. We gladly accepted.

I packed a lunch for us and we dinghied into town. We enjoyed a picnic lunch, under sunny skies, beside the main dinghy dock which was close to the Naval Academy as it was our plan to tour it. 

Jorge in front of Bancroft Hall, US Naval Academy.
 
There was an exhibit on the War of 1812 so that was our main focus.

Mahan Hall, War of 1812 exhibit.
 
We also visited the naval museum in Preble Hall which included hundreds of models of different sailing vessels throughout the years.

Original helms of USS Hartford (4 sailors needed to man these!)

I had told Sally I would bring dessert so after the Naval Academy we set out to find a bakery in the area. No such luck! We settled on a variety of goodies from Starbucks.

The meal was excellent, wine superb and even the desserts were good! Lynn and Sally had quite the selection of movies and we chose Avatar (Jorge and I have never seen it.)

We rowed back to the boat in darkness with calm waters and climbed into bed after 0100. A great night but I believe a siesta will be in order tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment