Monday, December 15, 2014

Yes we are still allive but oh boy, nothing is ever easy! I have been blogging on the word processor waiting to transfer to my notes to the blog when we got internet and power. Today I have both, but the computer freezes when I try to transfer my work from Word. So . . . I gave up.

From December 8, 2014 to today, we left Bequia and travelled to Martinique, by passing St. Vincent and only spending one night in Rodney Bay, St. Lucia but not going ashore. In Martinique we spent a couple of nights in Ste. Anne, then Grand Anse D'Arlets, then Anse Mitan and finally St. Pierre where we caught up with Diana and Gilbert. We had a last supper with them aboard CS'ta Time, but hung around a couple more days, renting a car with them and travelling a bit of the northern part of Martinique. We had an emotional last evening as we were heading north, home to Canada, and they were heading back to Grenada and spending another winter down here.


The "last supper" aboard CS'ta Time (bad flash)

From Martinique we travelled to Dominica where we stayed one night in Portsmouth, again not going ashore so no need to check in. From there we travelled to Les Saintes, Guadeloupe, where we are currently and plan to stay here another night or two more here.

Remember all those times I cursed the trade winds on our way down? Well, we have had nothing but wonderful wind since leaving Grenada! The sailing has been excellent, very little motoring and we have actually taken our time getting from island to island and enjoying ourselves. The weather has been warm, around 28C, with very little humidity and very little rain. At night we actually need to cover up with a sheet!

As the internet is not free, and I did not transfer my pictures from the camera to the computer yet, I am going to sign off. I'll transfer the pictures to the computer later and post them later. Also it is 1700 and the cafe is closing!

No comments:

Post a Comment