Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I guess I shouldn't blog when I am tired. I was in such a hurry to post something about our first day "at sea" I neglected to say how touched Jorge and I were about the number of people who showed up at our early morning departure. Not only did people staying on their boats send us off but many people drove from their homes to the club to see us off! It was quite emotional and very much appreciated.

We had a terrific thunder, lightening and rain storm last night. Jorge did his normal checking of the situation and discovered some water coming in where the mast normally sits but other than that we were snug as bugs in a rug. We pulled anchor late in the morning and only did three locks today. Fenelon Falls welcomed us with another rain storm just as we were entering the locked. Even though I had my rain jacket on, the rest of me got soaked. We should have taken advantage of the downpour and got out the bar of soap and washed. Wouldn't that have given the locals reason to talk!

We stopped at the dock just past the lock in Bobcaygeon to do the tourist thing. We browsed in stores, ate ice cream and checked out the lock from the terra firma side. Beautiful and quaint town.

We anchored on the north side of Big Island outside of Bobcaygeon. We rafted with Gil and Diana, had appetizers and drinks on their boat and waited out another thunder and lightening storm to pass. Although we had lots of rain during the day, the traveling was not too stressful.

Tonight promises to be quiet and calm, good because we are still catching up on our sleep. 

(I'm technically challenged and tonight I am having trouble getting pictures to transfer, hopefully tomorrow I will be smarter.)

1 comment:

  1. We have had so many crazy storms I am so glad you have travel buddies. I liked your idea of lightening the load by drinking all the wine that makes perfect sense. Sending you good vibes for sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete